Friday, October 16, 2009

Nobody Really Cares

17 October 2009



Well, now that Eva Longoria-Parker said so, it's all settled.


The actress from that pinnacle of art called Desperate Housewives stated in an interview that it is time for the US government to address the illegal immigrants in the US in regard to the Health Care reform debacle. Ms. Longoria, married to the NBA star Parker, has been a long time supporter of the legalization of illegal immigrants, especially from Mexico.

The illuminating statements of Ms. Longoria come on the trail of several other Hollywood celebrities who have given their opinions over the need for social justice and, in the case of Michael Moore, against Capitalism.

Personally, I am past being sick an tired of these retarded poor excuses for oxygen consumers and their sanctimonious standings. It is really disturbing when the louder calls for "social justice" come from multi-millionaires who trash the system that has made them rich in the first place. And royally pisses me off when these hypocrites imply that the main problem with our country is the everyday Conservative American, who happens to reject the ideology of entitlement that appear to have become the norm these days.

The celebrity elites are so accusatory toward those of us who work for a living and struggle daily with the issues of raising families and making a living.

Call me extremist, but forgive me for not giving any importance whatsoever to the calls for financial sacrifice from someone who is not equipped to understand the meaning of the word.

Their idea of sacrifice is to slap themselves on their back for writing a million dollar check which they promptly claim on their taxes even if it is but a minimal part of their regular income.

My idea of sacrifice is to make sure I meet my financial responsibility, even if it means cutting down recreational activities so that I have enough to put gas in the tank of my car and being able to maintain some sort of standard of living.

Sorry but I cannot take seriously someone who uses 'only' Evian water for her dog's bath (another Hollywood activist Demi Moore) while I try to save some money by drinking Brita filtered tap water.

Or take seriously someone like Mike Farrell (sp) who makes millions by allegedly 'acting" as a moron and then complains about high pay CEOs.


I could not care less about the amount of money these jokers make (there is a reason I don't attend professional sport events or go to the movies regularly), if there are people willing to pay for these 'celebrities' salaries, that is Capitalism. What I have a problem with is these ignoramuses spewing their self-righteousness to the rest of the population, basing their elitist 'expertise' on the fact that they have recognizable names.


So I wish they would realize that the only people who really care about their opinions are those blinded by the glamour of their celebrity status. As far as the majority of level minded Americans, nobody really cares.


And these are my thoughts!
Frank Semperpapa

No comments:

Post a Comment