Friday, January 18, 2013

Selective Invasion Of Privacy

By Semperpapa

There is a major break down in our society when it comes to invasion of privacy on the part of the government.

We have government databases recording every citizen in the country, both those with a criminal record and those who have never had an encounter with the law in their lives.
Proposals of adding GPS black boxes to automobiles are almost a reality. These devices would allow authorities to not only have positional knowledge of vehicles at any time, but they would also track how many miles driven and driving habits.

The latest national gun registry is another way the regime is advancing the desire to have a database which would give the federal government the ability to know exactly where and who owns guns.
I was under the impression that when I bought my weapons and registered them, such a database was already available. What more information does the government want? And to what purpose?

We are obligated by existing rules and regulations to give a lot of our personal information to government entities and I am still not sure what the real purpose is.
When few months ago I cleaned up my garage, I set aside some scrap metal that had accumulated over the years. Instead of just tossing it, I decided I could get some cash by turning it in at the local scrap yard. According to the state of California, the scrap yard got a picture of my vehicle license plate, a picture of me, a scan of my drivers licence and a fingerprint of my thumb. This is all to turn in some scrap metal (and I am not talking about copper wire or other potentially suspicious items).

We have every bank and financial institution hold all our private information, and we do not have the luxury of refusing to hand them out if we want any service.

But it is all very selective.

We are required to show our photo ID for just about everything we want to do within the realms of our society, except to go vote, where then it becomes racist to require to make sure the person casting the ballot is who they claim to be.

Moreover, it is very selective when it comes to our president, who has been able to drive our country to the brink of disaster without even having to produce his birth certificate or any proof of his alleged academic achievements.

So, I ask, why is the most powerful man in the world allowed to hide his past so openly, but still is allowed to require that a common citizen's personal life be kept on a government database?
I thought that was only a privilege tyrants gave themselves.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment