Saturday, August 6, 2011

Waking Up To Awful News

By Semperpapa

I hate to wake up in the morning and be greeted with some awful news. No it is not the downgrading of the credit rating for America by S&P.

This is much worst.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/06/afghan-president-31-americans-killed-in-helicopter-crash/?test=latestnews

This is much, much worst.
There are today 31 families that will receive the dreaded visit from the Military Officer and the Chaplain to report that their loved one will not be coming home, at least not in the manner every family of deployed Military hopes.

It is a routine of mine to access the news every morning as I rejoin the living, but I may be looking at a routine change. It is becoming highly stressing to check out what is happening in the world as the morning comes.
Since that crisp September morning nearly 10 years ago, when I was greeted by the images of a burning tower that just got hit by an airplane, I hold my breath every time I turn the TV or the computer on in the morning.

Maybe it is time to change.

Rest in eternal Peace, fearless Warriors. May God welcome you among his elite and may He wrap His arms around your grieving families.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment