Friday, September 21, 2012

Behind The Passion

By Semperpapa

It's barely 0400. It's still dark outside, the only sound greeting me is that of a cricket, hiding somewhere in my bunker.
Once again, I beat the alarm clock and I am wide awake, facing another day of commute and work.
This has been happening almost every morning for the last couple of months: waking up way before my alarm clock tells me it is time to face a new day.

I am blessed. I have a good job and I am surviving the economic mess my country is in, and considering the millions of Americans who have and still are unemployed, I feel deeply guilty when I have a "bad day" at work. I am sure many fellow Americans would love to have a bad day like mine.

And that is where my problem is: I wake up at these ungodly times and my mind starts processing my fears and that is it, as far as going back to sleep.

My fears. I speak and write in this blog about them, at times triggering responses form many that tell me that as much as they agree with me, they think I am too passionate about them. At time even exaggerated.
Yes I can get passionate about it, but there are good reasons behind such passion.

In the 1980s, when I got married and started a family, my wife and I made the choice that she wanted to be home with our children instead of having some stranger in some day care raising them. It was not a difficult choice morally, but a difficult one economically.
So I worked two jobs which allowed us to follow the choice we had made, with the results we see now in our daughter and our son.

Today, for a couple like us, that choice is practically non-existent. There are no part time jobs available, mostly because they are taken by folks who have no other job and who need that part time job. Maybe they can only find two or three of those jobs to make ends meet. And in some cases, a man who wants to do as I did in those days is competing with illegal aliens who will work for much less.

What's behind my passion? Simply put, I see the ruin that president Obama has brought upon our nation and I weep for my country. Many people I talk with tell me that I worry too much about these things, that my concerns about the loss of liberty we are facing daily is not there or it is not as severe.
These responses come from a belief that the destruction of our republic, as engineered by Obama and his minions, is not as severe and that eventually the American people will see through it and do the right thing. It happened after the Carter administration, and it will happen again. Those were the years when I came to the United States, legally, and was lucky enough to find a job.
But today things are much different.

In 2008, as the Obama campaign rolled over everything and anything, fueled by economic and racial divide masterfully applied by the forces of the left, I saw the dangers that Obama and his throngs posed for the American way of life. The words Obama spoke about "fundamentally transforming" America were ominous to me, but not to the rest of America, who proceeded to elect a man whose interest was everything but America.
And America has been fundamentally transformed! We have gone from a nation of producers to a nation of takers. The 47% of the American people who pay no income tax at all is definitely not comprised all of people who are necessarily smooching the system, but the fact that welfare is at an all time high, the fact that dependence on some sort of government subsidy is now seen as a good thing, something for Obama to be proud of is highly disturbing and foreign to the typical American spirit.

If 33 years ago, as I was building my new life in the best country in the world, someone would have come to me and told me that within few decades a president would have ushered into our nation a communist regime, I would have said the same thing as some of my critics: no way, you are exaggerating. Not in America.
If someone would have told me that within three decades our debt would have been $16 trillions, that 23 million Americans would have been out of work, that we would have had a president who apologize for our country to our enemies, that we would have been the laughing stock of international terrorism, I would have laughed in their faces.
If someone would have told me that the most ingenious and innovative country in the world would have been dependent on foreign enemies for energy and manufacturing, I would have called for the padded wagon.

And yet, that is exactly what is happening today.
We have a president who has banked, and still continues to, on racial divide to assume and keep power over the people. Never before, since I have been in the United States, I have seen such a racial separation in not only the political discourse, but in the behavior of people. Just before the 2008 elections, I was threatened by two black guys in a car as I was commuting on the freeway. I am convinced that the traffic saved me, as it stopped them while they were throwing racial insults at me from the car. My sin? I had a McCain/Palin sticker on my bike.

We have a president who wants to keep America energy dependent on our enemies. He wants to downgrade our country to satisfy his belief that American exceptionalism is something we should be ashamed of, something that we don't deserve, something that needs to be reversed. And he has been working hard at that.
Stopping the construction of the Keystone pipeline; preventing any off-shore drilling; stopping the development of the oil fields in Alaska; attacking and purposely wanting to destroy the coal industry; attacking the new and marvelous process of fracking. All this while he gives our tax dollars to foreign countries like Brazil to develop their off-shore drilling and sell their oil back to us, making the billionaire, and Obama supporter, George Soros even richer.
We have a president who uses tax payers money to subsidize "clean energy" companies who are already on the verge of bankruptcy, stipulating that the investors get their money before the American people once the company is gone. And, low and behold, the investors are huge Obama campaign donors!

We have a president who, by his own statement, sees the Constitution as an obstacle to his goals, and who repeatedly finds ways to circumvent our founding document and the law of the land.
This is a guy who is ready to persecute opponents for disagreeing with his policies. Anyone who dares point out his radicalism and threaten his hold on power, can expect scrutiny by a disgustingly partisan media and a visit from the IRS.

This is a president who has rendered the thousands of casualties from the war in Iraq useless, because his policies of "ending the war" has created a situation in that country where now it is helping Iran getting weapons to the regime in Syria.
Not to mention the duplicity of the message sent to the Middle East. While on his apology tour in 2009, Obama tried to appease radical Islam, promising a new beginning in relations. A combination of bowing and apologizing and promise to make sure America will stop being arrogant.
He did nothing when the people of Iran took to the streets protesting their dictatorial leaders and demanding freedom form the ayatollahs in 2009, but backed profusely the Arab Spring which had all the signs of radical Islam achievement of power. Even as the Muslim Brotherhood was gaining predominance in Egypt, Obama and his administration downplayed the radicalism of that group. Was that an "oh shit" or was it by design?

All these are facts and just few of them. This president has created a voting block of dependent Americans who, in droves, will vote for him again, if nothing more than to keep getting free stuff.

So, again, what is behind my passion.
Well, I have two children and four grand children. I have enjoyed the exceptionalism of America since the day I put foot on the soil of this magnificent country. I have started businesses, succeeded and failed, but at least I had the opportunity. Today I do not see that opportunity for my family, thanks to the open warfare that Obama and his hordes are conducting against the private sector.
Horrendous regulations and restrictions, coupled with increasingly higher taxation is making the private sector shrink, fueling unemployment.
But the worst part is the loss of freedom.
Our First Amendment right is under siege. People are persecuted for their free speech.
Our Second Amendment is under fierce attack. The government is searching for every possible angle to preclude Americans to own and bare arms, the next logical move for any dictatorial regime. The government even went to the extreme of engaging in something like Fast and Furious so to seek public outcry.
The government is forcing Americans to purchase products, like with Obamacare, and if they do not, the IRS will come after you.
The government s telling us what we eat, what we drive, what we buy, how big our toilette tank has to be, how much fuel we buy and what kind of fuel we buy. They even want to tell us what kind of light bulb we can use.

That is the monster behind my passion. I fear that my children and grand children will be living their lives in a country that resembles the country I run away from; a country where the government runs every aspect of our lives; a country where class distinction and discrimination becomes the norm; where personal work ethics and willingness to sacrifice are useless when it comes to succeeding in life; a country where personal, individual success is denigrated, suspected and stifled.
I fear that the freedoms so many American paid in blood for will be overruled by an overbearing government of elitist power grabbers.

I fear that my grandchildren will not have the chance to open a lemonade stand without a permit; that they will not be allowed the spirituality of prayer; thet they will never enjoy the marvels of a space program or some invention that would benefit mankind. I am fearful that they will encounter discrimination because of the color of their skin, or their religious beliefs or their political orientation, not because America has become less tolerant, but because they may not conform with the liberal elitist power structure.

Yes, these are some of the fears that keep me up at night. Some may think I am exaggerated, but all I ask is to get informed and look at what this country has become. If you like all the "changes" Obama gave us, than you really do not deserve to live in America. If you don't, than do your duty next November and hopefully we can get back the country we once had.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment