Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Message To Magic Johnson: Spare Me Your Brand Of Racism

By Semperpapa
I was made aware of this video by my wife who just happened to catch it on CNN. She was so incensed by the statements that the former basketball star made regarding president Obama that she told me about it on the phone, even before I got home from work.

So I searched and found the video. I must say that the comments from my wife were much more polite and PG-rated than the ones that came out of my mouth.

Well, watch the video and see what I mean.


http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2012/10/10/exp-erin-magic-johnson-weighs-in-on-president-obama.cnn


OK, so everything is going well: Magic sitting there across the obviously awe-struck bimbo, until the subject of Stacey Dash came out.

Ms. Dash, unknown to me until she decided to get off the plantation and demonstrate she actually has a brain, twitted some time ago that she supports Romney for president.

The problem for the black community, the liberal community and obviously Magic Johnson, is that Ms. Dash is a black woman.

Stacey Dash stated, after the liberal garbage called every name in the book from slave to Oreo, that she makes her choice based on the content of the character, not the color of the skin (man, these words sounds so familiar!).

But for Magic Johnson, as seen in the video, the issue is definitely not the character, but the color of the skin.

And his words are lost in the emptiness of a politically correct America, fast approaching a dangerous social abyss.

I would like to ask Mr. Johnson how would he feel if someone would make the statement that white people should not vote for Obama because he’s black?

He would probably be the first one to lament that racism is alive, not to mention the Obamamedia demanding the head of whoever made such statement on a silver platter.

But Magic Johnson gets a pass, because he truly is an influential member of the oppressed black community. Right?

Johnson may have come from humble beginnings, but he has done well for a poor black boy, including being the co-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.

Yes, Magic has done well considering that he applied the highest level of capitalistic principles to build an extremely lucrative financial empire.

No bad for a poor black boy within a racist white greedy America.

So now he supports Obama. Interestingly, he does not appear, in the video, to be such a fan of the additional taxes rich people like him will be stuck with if Obama gets re-elected, but he still supports Obama, because he a brother.

Just like the other idiot, the J Z dude, who believes in smaller government, but will vote for Obama because he’s black, Johnson is allowing his own racist believes to dictate the support for a guy that stands for everything contrary to what made him a very wealthy black businessman.
Finally, I may not be black, but I was insulted by his assertion that blacks will not vote for Romney. Paraphrasing, they may stay home and not vote at all, but will not vote for Romney.

How insulting is that for all those blacks in America who are actually thinking with their own brains, instead of the color of their skin; for all those blacks who actually want to leave a better America to their children; for those blacks who actually believe in the Exceptionalism of our country.

I never had much respect for Magic Johnson. In the first place, sport "celebrities" impress me just as much as entertainers.
Second, his morality, which eventually cost him his HIV positive diagnosis, cast a not too favorable light on the guy.
I was sort of happy that he put some effort to create businesses in Los Angeles, even if the emphasis has always been on "black" businesses. Not a big problem for me, as I believe that giving the chance at being business owners is a positive thing, regardless of the color of the skin.
But the ideology he sported in the interview regarding his motivation for supporting Obama, his generalization of how real black people should vote and his insulting approach to label black Americans has brought the dude back into my rating of douche bag.

So, my dear Magic Johnson, just spare me your brand of racism and your hypocrisy, because if Mr. Romney is elected, you will get to keep a lot more of your money and still have a record of racist pandering for all those who feel like you.
In short: I got no use for you either.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment