Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Why My Passion

By Semperpapa

I have heard of some complaints about my style of blogging, something about being too harsh or too forward. Regardless of the fat that it is my Constitutionally given right to express my opinion I am engaging in, there are really no guidelines, outside of common sense, that are given to us Americans in the exercise of that right.

Just as I can be called a racist by some misguided, brainwashed ignoramus, I have the absolute right to call them "misguided, brainwashed ignoramus" if I believe that the adjective clearly describes the moron.

So now, for a clarification that I am willing and voluntarily offering, I want to tell you why I am so passionate about what I write.

When I came to the United States in 1979, the country I found was drastically different than the one we see today. And those were not the best of times, as the White House was occupied by someone called Jimmy Carter, the economy was in great distress and Iranian radical Islamists were holding American citizens hostages in Tehran.
Inflation was rampant and oil prices were skyrocketing as the incompetent inactivity of the Carter administration was taking the Nation down the bankruptcy road.
To compound the bleak situation, our image abroad as a superpower was deeply tarnished and the office of the president of the United States was the subject of international derision.

Then came President Reagan and the Nation was re-born.

Yet, as bad things were in 1979 as I arrived to start my new life, there were many of the aspects of the greatness of America that was still available to its citizens.
I found employment, started going to school and concentrated on learning the English language.
What I see today is the lack of the very elements that I found available to me in 1979 only for being willing to work for it. Today there are no jobs.
In the last 30+ years, every time I had the need to, I have been able to work a second job, if I had the need to increase my income for a short while. Today, the jobs that many people could consider to be that second temporary job, are taken by folks who have been unemployed for two years and have no other mean of income.
Jobs that historically were sought by teenagers who wanted to have a level of economic independence from their parents, are today held by professionals who have been laid off years earlier.

In those days, having to rely on welfare or unemployment for some time was an incentive to work hard to get back up on one's feet. Today, we have politicians who see the astronomical increase in welfare recipients and the creation of a permanent dependency upon the government as a success for the current politicians.

In 1979, after surviving the misdoings of the peanut president, the prestige of America was revitalized by President Reagan, and once again the good superpower stood up to tyranny, the Soviet Union, eventually ushering the demise of one of the most evil regime in history.
Today, we have a multitude of forces increasingly tugging at the security of our Nation: illegal aliens demanding rights they do not have and placing enormous economic burden on our structures and economy. All kind of minority groups demanding this change and that change, demanding this entitlement and that subsidy, aiming at draining even further the resources of the American people.
The Nation came together very briefly in the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks, but even that was short lived, as Islamic activists and their lovers have been able to claim their minority rights upon all others, regardless if they would trample upon their rights.
And lies and distortions were used to advance a political agenda that was aimed at the destruction of George W. Bush, our Military and our very institutions.

So I am sorry for the harshness of my words, but it is very hard for me to see my country being pillaged by a bunch of Marxist radicals anarchists and Islamists. I am tired of seeing the very social structures that attracted me to this great Nation being destroyed and denied to my children and my grandchildren.
This is the only way I have to scream my opposition in a wilderness of popular apathy.
I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who stated that, paraphrasing, in order for evil to triumph it only takes for good men to do nothing.
I have four kids and four grand kids and I am speaking up for them. If I don't, by the time others will, it is going to be too late to reverse course. I only hope that it is not too late already.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment