Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Thoughts On Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson passed away last week from an apparent heart failure.
As a human being, I definitely feel sorry for his children and his family for such a sudden loss, although the family, in particular his father, appears more interested in the publicity surrounding the death of his son that the loss itself, but I digress.
On the other hand, the non-stop News coverage of the event was somewhat disturbing to me.
At a time when our country is facing some pretty serious problems, the passing of a celebrity, even one as 'big' as Jackson, could have been covered in a more realistic fashion.
Is anyone aware that the House of Representatives passed the Cap and Trade bill on Friday? A bill that will cost the American people, and I mean the individual household, a pile of money? A bill that Obama pushed so hard for to combat that gigantic fraud that Climate Change is?
Probably not.

Back to Jackson. The body is not cold yet and the garbage is already coming out in the News about drug abuse and sinister innuendos surrounding the death. And then there is the always present "race" issue. Finally, bottom feeders like the Rev. Jessy Jackson and Al Sharpton have a new reason to rear their ugly heads out and have an audience. Just another way to feel relevant.
And yesterday, I witness some professor from, I believe, Temple University on FoxNews, he is a regular on that 'right wing' news outlet, spew his racist mantra by saying that Black America had never abandoned Jackson while he had been a victim of the "white esthablishment". Go figure!

Well, RIP Michael Jackson. I like some of your music, but I don't consider myself as a big fan of yours, especially after that little tiny issue of sleeping in bed with little boys. But the Judicial system acquitted you so I just look at it as a strange behavior.
And I apologize if your passing was not that significant to me.

And these are my thoughts
Frank Semperpapa

No comments:

Post a Comment