Sunday, February 13, 2011

Interesting 2012 Array Of GOP Contenders

By Semperpapa

What it is really needed in the GOP as we move toward the 2012 Presidential Elections is new blood. Old, worn out candidates need not to apply.

Why are we still hearing the same names, over and over?
Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, and Ron Paul. Even Sarah Palin.

I have nothing against any of these people, maybe with the exception of Ron Paul, but these people have exhausted my attention.
We got Michelle Bachman hinting, but I was not too happy with her support for cutting benefits to Veterans. Even if she modified that position, just the initial support is disturbing to me.
Same goes for Randy Paul. Sorry, but with all the pork that can be trimmed from our government overspending, Military should not be part of it, especially these days when we are seeing the clouds of a nasty "gathering storm".

We also have NJ Governor Chris Christie, but I am unclear on his positions on the 2nd Amendment and Illegal Immigration. I have heard some disturbing rumors and I will need to investigate them further before taking a position on this man.

I like Paul Ryan, but I believe the Nation needs him more in Congress than in the White House, at least right now.

I do like Herman Cain. A natural businessman, knowledgeable of the issues inherent to small businesses, the economic engine of our Nation.

And I like LtCol. Allan West. This is a man who truly understand form personal experience about the safety and security of our Country. I know he is just a freshman Congressman, but his experience in the field of National Security and his knowledge of our enemy makes him very appealing prospect.

Moreover, both Cain and West are not shy in recognizing the detrimental effect that liberal progressivism and political correctness has had and continues to have on the ideals of our country.

If I had to make a choice today, I would be all for a Cain/West ticket. Two terms for the elder Cain, with a conservative Congress, could get our Country economy back at work, while the VP West could concentrate on National Security. All the while West could make his bones in view of his potential presidency in 2020.

A Conservative can dream, right?

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment