Thursday, February 3, 2011

What Part Of "Unconstitutional" Don't You Understand

By Semperpapa

The US District judge in Florida issued a ruling last week that declared Obamacare unconstitutional, and yet the Senate yesterday voted down its repeal in a 47-51 vote.
All Republicans voted yes, while all Democrats voted no, with two abstaining, Lieberman and Mark Warner.

Personally, I do not see the necessity of the vote, as the issue of killing the monstrous law has become a judicial matter. The only purpose could be to allow the voters to target those senators who still support the law as they bid for re-election in 2012.

How hypocritical can the left be! They are today all crying foul against federal judge Roger Vinson for his decision calling it "judicial activism", but they are just fine with federal judges striking down a lawful Arizona law (injunction promptly enforced), or federal judges overturning the will of the people like in California after propositions were voted on for gay marriage and illegal immigration.

I guess I should be used to the hypocrisy by now, but I cannot help being incensed by it.
We will see what the outcome will be as the US Supreme Court will take on the issue.

In the meantime, all gradual provisions of Obamacare should be prevented from being implemented, insuring that the financial damage they represent for the economy and the industry is contained.

Just my thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Let's flip the topic ~ http://www.argusleader.com/article/20110131/UPDATES/110131031/Bill-would-require-all-S-D-citizens-buy-gun ~ *blink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this is a legislative stunt aimed at making the point about Obamacare.
    The main difference is that the Right to own and bear arms is a guranteed right by the Constitution, health care coverage is not.

    As Barry Sanders openly declared, it is the aim of the Marxists in the White House and Senate to kill the private insurance industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. The 2ndAm, yes, which I support. But a mandate as comparable? Sounds more like libertarianism run amok to me...

    ...insofar as insurance ~ well, having worked as an insider, I can safely say that the nature of private insurance/profit and true healthcare (as defined by Hippocrates) do not belong in the same sentence. *nod*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that there should be some reform in the system, but I completely reject the idea of the government handling the health care of the citizens.
    You may have have insider knowledge of the industry, which I do not, but unless you have lived in a country where socialized medicine is the rule, which I have, you cannot truly understand how detrimental such system is for the people.
    I have seen too many people suffer and die because of that system, and I am deeply opposed to the government takeover of my family's care.

    Semperpapa out!

    ReplyDelete