Sunday, August 30, 2009

Because I Said So

30 August 2009

Please watch the video. It is an eye opener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg&feature=player_embedded

This poor excuse for a Law Enforcement Officer is a window in the soul of the efforts to turn our country into a dictatorship.
I know some of you will accuse me of hyperbolizing an isolated incident, but I still believe that when oppressive behavior makes its way at the level of interaction between a LEO and a citizen, it is a dangerous zone we find ourselves in.

Couple of personal observations about the video. First, the threat from the cop to charge the demonstrator with trespassing and his comment that he could charge him with anything he wanted. Really? So what the officer is saying is that if the demonstrator does not comply with the officer, the officer can charge him with whatever he wants?
Second, the officer tells the demonstrator that he must obey because he said so. I did not even use that logic with my own kids!
Third, and most disgusting of all, is the officer’s assertion about America and its freedom: “it ain’t no more!” Wow, so according to officer whatever, America is a country where people can dissent and express their discontent no more?

Does anyone see a problem with this?

Oh yea, one more thing. Just suppose the cop was white, the demonstrator was black and the poster had a picture of Bush made to look like Hitler (common situation in Berkeley for the past eight years). How fast would you suppose it would take the ACLU to have the officer career over, the police department apologizing and the demonstrator suing and retiring a rich man?

Well, my friends, if you think this is hyperbolizing, all I can say is that I hope you are right. But if you are wrong, you will wake up one morning and find that the country you live in is not the country you believed in any longer.


And these are my thoughts!
Frank “Semperpapa”

1 comment:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to

    say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Susan

    http://3128proxy.com

    ReplyDelete