Sunday, May 8, 2011

Having To Resort To This?

By Semperpapa

Follow up to the last post, The Blaze has this piece on their web site:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/video-captures-obama-in-secretive-exchange-of-notes-with-air-force-general/

I find it telling that the President of the United States would have to resort to this type of "communication" if he really wants to keep something secret.
I don't know what involvement the Air Force general would have with the OBL operation if any, but even if we just want to advance the notion that the piece of paper just said "It's on!" telling the general that maybe security would have to be tightened, it demonstrates that the disease of "loose lips" is rampant.
The way I see it, that method was the only secure way to tell whatever to the general without having it leak out to the media.

As much as I may disagree with just about everything this President is doing, I doubt very much that the piece of paper was a love note or a grocery list.
Some of the comments on The Blaze said "who cares!" and I must concur. I really don't!

And I find interesting, even amusing, the amount of attention given by RAI to the issue. As if they don't have more important issues to worry about in Italy?

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment