Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Obama The Absorbent

By Semperpapa

Bob Woodward new book Obama’s Wars has hit the news outlets and it is already a success. Another book from Mr. Woodward is of very little interest to me, as his record of liberal leaning looses credibility when it is presented as the work of a journalist. If he would present himself as a tool of the Left, I would find it more enticing.
So while Mr. Woodward’s bank account will not get bigger thanks to my hard earned money, some of the excerpts that have been published are disturbing enough to inspire this few thoughts.

I want to premise that my comments are based on the assumption that Bob Woodward is telling the truth in his book, but I feel safe enough that he is, because in the contorted mind of a liberal, reporting these statements is considered actually a propping up of the image of Barak Hussein Obama.

The first statement I want to analyze is the following:

"We can absorb a terrorist attack. We'll do everything we can to prevent it, but even a 9/11, even the biggest attack ever . . . we absorbed it and we are stronger,"

In the interest of decency and professionalism I will refrain to express my first thoughts about the content of the above words, and that is why I am not much interested in the speed of publishing for my posting as I am about expressing a clear opinion.
So according to Mr. Obama, the United States is in good conditions to survive another terror attack. On that point I agree with the President, because I truly believe in my heart that the American spirit may be a little subdued, but it is still there.
We survived a Revolutionary War against the most powerful military in the world; we survived a Civil War that could have forever destroy the unity of our Country as we know it today; we survived Pearl Harbor and World War II; and we survived the turmoil of the 1960s and the Progressive-fabricated attack against the very foundations of our country. I am also confident that the United States will also survive Barak Obama, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.
But the interesting part of the statement is that he used the word absorb which denotes a very dangerous fatalistic look at the possibility of uncounted American lives being lost even if America would be able to ultimately take its licking and keep on ticking.
I find it highly disturbing that an American President could be so nonchalant about the possibility of another terror attack which would kill more innocent American people.
It is simplistic for Obama to speak of “absorbing” another attack, because more than likely he and his family would be nice and safe in the hands of the Secret Service and in the hidden bunkers of the White House. But the story is a little different for the rest of us who are out making a real contribution to society and therefore exposed to any such attack. What the statement tells us is that in the case of another horrible terrorist attack against civilians and military personnel, the President does not appear to be too interested in portraying an image to our enemies that would hint at any sort of punishing response.

I am sure that the families of each of those who perished on 9-11 have “absorbed” the results of that attack by now. You know? Kind of like “get over it, already”.

And speaking of families, I hope that none of the families of the Fallen I have met are aware of the excerpts from Obama discussions about Afghanistan, because the political approach to a conflict that is costing American families real and tangible pain and suffering is definitely a telling tale of the complete lack of interest and compassion of this man for our uniformed men and women outside of the occasional photo op they may provide to one of his blabbering speeches.
This is what allegedly Obama said about the war in Afghanistan:

"I'm not doing long-term nation-building. I am not spending a trillion dollars…I want an exit strategy,"

and finally, deciding about the timetable of withdrawal of troops, stating:

"I can't lose the whole Democratic Party."

In clear declaration of where his priorities lay.

But he is faithful to his avoidance of any hint toward a little concept called victory. No, all the man is interested in is the transformation he intends to shove our Country in at whatever cost in treasure, as we have already seen, and in blood.
My heart is really broken when I think of the families of those who have died on the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan for the purpose of maintaining the offensive against a very determined enemy, an enemy that will not be deterred by flowery speeches nor confused by profuse bowing to the Saudi King.
Their memory and sacrifice is rendered almost insignificant by a Commander-in-Chief with no intention to honor their gift to our Nation.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment