Friday, December 24, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Present Ever

By Semperpapa

Twenty six years ago today, my God gave me the most precious Christmas present that any man could have: my daughter Jaclyn.

Sure, the arrival of any child is like Christmas in the life of a father, but in the case of my daughter and this father, this child has been a Christmas present every single day ever since.

She was Adriana's and my first child and the beginning of a completely new, exciting but scary phase of my life. What the hell did I know about raising a child, let alone a girl!
But this child grew into the most awesome, compassionate and smart person I could ever hope and pray for (thanks to my wife, I must add).

From the first glance I had of her 26 years ago and every single day ever since, she has filled my existence with joy and pride, earning my respect and support every single day, for every single decision she has ever made.

I will never forget what my daughter, and I must add her husband Brian (after all she chose him to spend her life with!) did for my wife and me in the lowest times of our recent life, her compassion and support for Jessica and love for Noah at the time when her brother Frank was in Afghanistan, putting her own daunting fears aside for sake of the rest of us, in such a discreet and non-intrusive way, but nevertheless always there.
No, I will never forget it!

So I wish my little princess the happiest of birthdays on this day. Hope one day I will be able to express the true depth of my love for her in the manner that she really deserves.

Definitely the best Christmas present I have ever received or ever will.

Happy Birthday, Jaclyn, with all my love.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment