Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Spoke Too Soon

By Semperpapa

Yeah, I should have probably not mention the word “embarrassment” so soon. Politicians from California do not fail us in the realm of embarrassment.

As if the whole charade of sitting together was not enough to make me barf, the following report from The Hill sure got me a lot closer.

According to the website

Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) announced Tuesday morning that not only will she and Rep. David Dreier (R-Calif.) sit together at Tuesday night's State of the Union address, but they will coordinate their outfits.

That is right! Congressman David Dreier, my Congressman, coordinated his tie with the dress that Maxine Waters wore. Do I hear a collective “awe”?

Rep. Waters stated that she was surprised when Dreier invited her to sit together for the SOTU:

"I thought, well, why not? Let’s see what this act of bipartisanship means tonight, and more importantly, tomorrow. We have even coordinated our outfits for this special occasion,"

She was reported saying.

Waters was actively looking for couple of seats on the Democrat side of the chamber for the new couple. But Dreier has also invited another California liberal to join in the kumbaya, Rep. Jane Harman.

At the time of the report, it was not known the outfit Ms. Harman was going to wear.

We all hope she did not clash with the ensamble of Waters/Dreier.

As a California resident, I would like to apologize to the rest of the country for this ignominious display.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment