Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pillaging - Part 2

On the heels of American taxpayers’ funding of researchers patronizing bars and clubs in Buenos Aires to study the risky sexual behavior of gay men when intoxicated, I found a piece from Ed Morrissey at HotAir.com on May12, 2009, that has given some balance to the expenditure of my money.
In the article, Ed points out a training program funded in part by the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAA). This institute is part of the National Health Institute and has given a grant of $2.6 million to researchers that will be teaching Chinese prostitutes, in China, to drink responsibly as a way to address the HIV risks.

Here is the link to the article:

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/12/your-tax-dollars-at-work-teaching-chinese-hookers-to-drink-responsibly/

So here are my thoughts.
Naturally I wish that such a training program had been introduced in the Kennedy compound years ago, because it may have saved at least one life. And I don’t want to appear as a heartless conservative, so I am willing to “donate” some of my tax money for the training.
But as a taxpayer, I believe that the purpose of taxes is to fund government programs that benefit the American people, including me. So my question is: what is in it for me? Would I get a discount? I am positive Bill Clinton will be involved in this honorable endeavor.

Joking aside, this is just one more indication of the travesty our government has become, how the principles of our Republic have been taken hostage by a class of bureaucrats and politicians that have no business being in charge of anything, let alone the business of the Nation.
It is infuriating to me, at a time when countless Veterans are on welfare and the care they have earned is being undermined by the Administration, that governmental entities are spending taxpayers’ money to send people as researchers to Argentina or China to exploits their own obsession with smut (have you ever asked yourself why most of these researches are done on sexual subjects?). This money could be better spent kept within the borders of our country helping those who deserve it. Governmental spending has been one of my point of dissent from the Bush Administration in the last 8 years, but Obama has taken it to a catastrophic level that the average American could not begin to understand. It makes my blood literally boil to see this kind of waste of money and at the same time see charging Veterans for their own medical care being even considered.
I know you are all well aware of Governmental spending having gone insane, but I wish I had the resources necessary to trace back the politician or politicians that have their hand in this type of pillaging. Guess I wish that the so-called Media would remove their collective heads from Obama’s rear end and actually do their job. It sure would be a refreshing change.



And these are my thoughts!
Frank “Semperpapa”

No comments:

Post a Comment