Saturday, February 20, 2010

Almost Ruined My Television

By Semperpapa

I know that I violated one of my cardinal rules by watching a small piece of Geraldo Rivera program on Fox News, but the advertised headline of the segment was a report from the Marjah operation in Afghanistan, so naturally, I felt I could put up with the always annoying Geraldo for couple of minutes (yes the report was about four minutes long as the much more important panel on Tiger “permanent woody” Woods apology story was waiting on the sideline), but I should have stuck to my own rules, especially when I saw that to comment on the Afghanistan story, Geraldo had Mike Huckabee and Rev. Al Sharpton.

Of course my first thought was what in the hell could the good reverend have to contribute to the discussion over Afghanistan except for coming up with some typical Al Sharpton idiocy aimed at bashing Bush and praising Obama. And I was not to be disappointed.

Huckabee commented on the difficulties our Military is encountering, even if the operation appears to be a definite success from all points of view, and ultimately he gave the credit where is due: to the men and women in uniform.

It was Sharpton’s turn then when he once again removed the very few doubts of his infinite stupidity. Paraphrasing, the reverend asked where were the people who had criticized Obama regarding the additional troops he ordered in theater, now that the operation was successful. He said that those people should openly recognize that Obama policy is working compared to the policies of his predecessor. And of course never once mentioned the troops’ efforts.

Well, it took a lot of self control not to ruin my television set! And surely my neighbors are now wondering what the cursing was all about, but it is utterly disgusting to be treated to such a display of bullshit.

In the first place, I am not one that defends the actions of President Bush at priori. I have had numerous issues with the conduct of the war in Afghanistan and in Iraq, so my profound indignation is not fueled by partisanship. But I am totally incensed by the fact that Sharpton has the actual courage to mention “support for the President” when for seven years he and the sort of people like him on the Left, have done all they could to undermine every single action taken by the Bush administration in the war.
From Obama to Reid to Durbin to Schumer and Biden and Sharpton and many others, every possible kind of criticism and defeatism was directed at the surge ordered by Bush in Iraq, and I have never heard any of the above mentioned characters coming out afterwards and say that the surge in Iraq worked. What we got instead, was the moronic Biden calling the victory in Iraq “one of this administration’s great achievements”.
And Sharpton wants critics to apologize to Obama?
Besides, the good reverend should get his facts straight, because the majority of the people who criticized Obama regarding the surge in Afghanistan, including me, were doing so because he took too damn long to give Gen. McChrystal what he had asked.
The criticism was directed at the inaction the President was adopting regarding the needs for more troops.
See, my dear Al, people who want our troops to actually win the war, those of us who could care less what frigging party the President is from when it comes to see our men and women in harm’s way being given the ability to do their job and to be safe, are not in the business of wishing for death and destruction among our Military so that we can look better politically. We do not wish for failure in the field for the sole purpose of bashing our political foes. That is a methodology we happily leave to your kind on the Left.

The only people who criticized Obama for increasing the troop level were his own crowd on the Left, especially his friends of Code Pink.

So Mr. Sharpton, get your damn facts straight before you open your stupid mouth!
In the meantime, please, STFU!

Just my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment