Wednesday, April 21, 2010

California Needs One Of Him

By Semperpapa

As i read the latest from New Jersey, I wish that California would have someone like Chris Christie running for Governor.

Here is a guy, a Conservative, who since taking office has been able to piss off just about every special interest group in the Garden State, relieving the strangle hold they have had on the financial and political environment of that state and gaining me as a big fan.

The latest in his crusade to cut spending has pitted Christie against the teacher's union and it appears that the Governor has scored another victory for the people of New Jersey.
After freezing the pay increase for the union members, and being viciously attacked for it by the state teachers, the people of New Jersey rejected the majority of school budgets that the union wanted, practically spelling out their support for the Governor's plan to reduce state spending.

The attacks that Christie has been subjected to have been brutal, having been called "fat fuck" and compared to PolPot of Cambodia, a mass murderer. And these are attacks coming from the teachers via the social network Facebook, which is openly available to their students.
What an exemplary behavior on the part of those in charge of our children's education!

Still my wish remains for someone like Chris Christie here in California, as the two Republican contenders for Governor, Mag Whitman and Steve Poizner talk big conservative talk, but I am not convinced they walk the conservative walk, and we have already had enough of RINO droppings in Sacramento.
And than there is Jerry Brown on the liberal side, a guy I would not allow to try to catch my dog. Just as someone told me years ago, "in California politics, if it's Brown, flush it!"

Anyone reading this while residing in New Jersey, I wish you and your Governor the best of luck and my Conservative support. And if Christie ever would like to move West, he'll have my vote.

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment