Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Have Had Enough!

From the Semperpapa Bunker:

I have had it! I am sick and tired of all the hoopla about Tiger Woods, the Masters, his bimbos and the Media coverage.
Here we have a guy who was lucky enough to be born with the talent and the support to be able to efficiently swing a club and hit a little ball in a hole.Granted, I am not a golfer, I never played the game and have absolutely nothing against golf or golfers, but the incredible attention this man has received in the last few months is beginning to wear thin.


If I understand correctly, Mr. Wood is a multi-millionaire, who has made his money by playing the sport he obviously love and being the best at it.He is married and has a family who, in turn, could greatly benefit from his career choices, at least financially.I commend him for his ability to play golf, but I cannot condone his behavior.


It really baffles me when I hear of people who work so hard to reach the top of their profession, people who could be an example to so many others and who could do so much good in our society by virtue of their accomplishments, but instead take the road to the dark side by indulging in behavior that is completely despicable.If the guy was single and decided to be promiscuous with women willing to accomodate him, I could care even less than I do. But when the behavior has an impact on the lives of children, I lose all sense of understanding.


Consequently, we are bombarded with stories about Tiger, his harem, his addictions, his reabilitation, even his swearing as he makes a bad swing, as if all that information is essential in our daily life.


I really could care less if the man swears or not, or if he has gotten over his urge to bang anything that has a pulse, or if his wife is going to take him to the cleaner.
I understand this is all driven by the commrcial value of Mr. Wood, but I truly believe that this country has much bigger fish to fry.
Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment