Sunday, July 18, 2010

Where Have I Been?

By Semperpapa

Some time I ask myself the same question, as the days and weeks go by so fast that I often wonder if I am ever going to get done all the things I want to do.
My posting has been slowing down, not because I have not had the need or the reason to rant, but because I have had some good family things happening and I have embarked on a project that is taking a lot of the little spare time I have.

In the last two months I had the homecoming of my Marine son from Afghanistan and having him back with his wife and son and with the rest of us has been the source of tremendous happiness and relief.
Than, on July 7Th, my grandson Alexander Francis joined the family at 8 lb. 3 oz. and that has only added to the euphoria of this period (God I love to be a grandpa!!!)

Now, for the last few weeks, I have decided to embark on a project that I have been planning for some time. As those who follow my ranting already know, I am an opinionated American who is not very afraid of expressing his opinions. I also enjoy tremendously to write, so I have decided that I was going to write a book which relates to my personal experiences as an American, as an immigrant and as a thinking free man. Much of what is going to be in the book is a reiteration of my rants and the title of it will be, appropriately, "Just My Thoughts".

I do not know at this time if the work will ever get published. I hope that it will. I hope it will sell a lot of copies and that I will be able to maybe dedicate myself to writing full time. But regardless, it may be something my grandchildren and their children will be interested to read if they try to remember their grandpop.

So I apologize for my sporadic posting. As life will hopefully slow down a bit, I will be able to get back into the groove of things. And for all who may be interested, I will give you updates on the book writing.

Stay strong; stay informed; stay active. And Remember in November!!!
Adoramus Patria.

No comments:

Post a Comment