Saturday, April 9, 2011

Agreement On The Budget: Good Or Bad For The American People

By Semperpapa

At the eleventh hour, an agreement has been reached over the budget, practically averting the shutting down of the federal government.

Good thing: the looming disgrace of millions of Military families not receiving their pay has been avoided, even if it means that holding the Country hostage on that issue may have worked in favor of Sen. Reid and Obama.

Personally, I believe that shutting down the government for some time would be the only way for the American taxpayers to curb, albeit temporarily, the despicable addiction to excessive and frivolous spending that the Washington politicians have. Spending of other people's money.

And to reflect on a cartoon I saw in the last few days, the shut down would not have affected what are described as "essential" positions. But why are we, the taxpayers, forced to pay for the salaries of federal workers that are described as "non-essential?"
If they are not essential for the safety and security of the Nation, why are these jobs, all good paying and with benefits burdening the taxpayers, there to begin with?

I know, I know, I am a heartless conservative white man. My bad.

Just my thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya, brah...I'm a liberal white woman...busily *glaring* at the band-aid that does NOTHING.

    I'm not blaming Obama. I'm blaming ALL of them.

    ReplyDelete