Thursday, April 7, 2011

Obama Does Offer Solutions To Energy Cost Increase

By Semperpapa

I have long contended that President Obama is basically missing in action when it comes to the increasingly high cost of energy in our country, and maybe I have been a little too harsh.

Actually, Obama has offered some solutions to the average American. During his campaign for the 2008 elections, then candidate Obama suggested that we should make sure our tires are properly inflated.
On Wednesday, he offered another piece of leadership on the subject while campaigning in Pennsylvania.
During a visit to a wind turbine manufacturing company, the President was questioned by one of the attendees in regard to the ever increasing price of fuel. The brilliant suggestion from Obama was for the man to trade in his 8 miles to the gallon gas guzzler for a more efficient vehicle.
Why didn't I think of that? I guess I am not as brilliant as the man.

I commute 100 miles a day to my work. I do not drive a gas guzzler, as a matter of fact I ride a motorcycle, taking that chance in the insane congestion of the Southern California traffic because driving my car, which again is not a gas guzzler, would practically more than double my fuel expenditure every month, not to mention doubling my commuting time.
I am not complaining, as I love to ride and I am tickled to death to actually being employed, but I much rather prefer to use some of the dollars I earn for some other luxuries than the tank of my car, exuberant things like my mortgage, food and, begging your forgiveness, taking my wife out to a movie once in a while (saving grace has been that Hollywood has been producing such garbage that even this luxury has been practically eliminated).

But the true leadership of Obama showed up as he warned his audience that there is really not much he can do to alleviate the pain of common Americans at the pump in the short term. Just like any other bloated politician, Obama is promising relief in the long term, more specifically by 2025 he plans to have American dependency on foreign oil to be reduced by 1/3.
That's 14 long years from now, and hopefully 12 years after this man has been retired from the White House.

I find it refreshing that a President would actually come out and tell the people that he has no solution for an issue that is greatly affecting every layer of American society. An admission that should come as a welcome sign that just for once Obama has stated a truth.

It is an infuriating thing to witness many hard working Americans having to greatly modify their standard of living so that some caribou in Alaska would not have its view of nothing compromised, or that some wealthy Obama contributor in Malibu would not have to endure the stress of seeing a distant oil rig off the coast from his seaside mansion's balcony.
And to make things even worst, we are required to pay for the oil exploration of foreign nations, just as the eco-terrorists in the EPA and the White House aim at ever increasing taxes on our already limited incomes.

I remember when the Left and the media (one and the same) was running around with their hair on fire regarding the oil companies connections of Bush and Cheney, the good old days.
But where are they today?

Just my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment