Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Enough Of The Birth Certificate

By Semperpapa

So finally the issue of the birth certificate has been clarified by the President. I really never care much about the whole thing, considering it much of a joke and a distraction (oh my God! I am agreeing with the man!) than anything of real use.

The issue has been used by dissenters of Obama in a desperate attempt to get the man out of the White House. All was destined to accomplish absolutely nothing.

Did these people really think that their actions was going to achieve the removal of Obama from the Presidency? Besides, being successful at that would have place America in the hands of Joe Biden...OMG!!!

Really, there was not a chance in hell that if Obama would have still been reticent in providing the official form, that anyone would have made any move toward removing the guy from office and risk a revolution in our country. The President and his cronies have played the race card so astutely and created a perfect racial animosity among the citizens that there was no chance anyone in Washington would take the responsibility of a revolution on our streets.

What of the actions of Donald Trump? He claimed victory because he feels that he was the instrument for Obama finally giving in to the pressure.

Sadly, many Americans, disappointed in the potential conservative opponents for the 2012 Presidential, and desperate for Obama to be removed from the White House, they have been falling in the traps set by Trump and his propaganda machine.

Donald Trump is NOT a conservative. He is just an opportunist who skilfully pushes the buttons that he knows activate the interest of those who oppose Obama.

You may say that what America needs is a non-politician candidate for 2012 and that sounds true for this writer too, but one quality I think is imperative for the salvation of the United States is clear ideological convictions: fiscal responsibility, border security, National security, personal responsibility, end of irrational entitlements.

Basically, precise positions on the issues that affect the people and the Nation; convictions about fiscal and social issues; decisiveness about National Security and the defense of our freedoms.

Trump may be able to address some of those issues thanks to his experience as a business man, but what I see in him is not what I look for in a President. Any hint of opportunism on his part is enough to really turn me off. He is the distraction, together with the nutcase Ron Paul, that will assure a disastrous second term for Obama, a prospect that should give pause to every American.

What America really needs is new Conservative blood in the White House. A team, an administration that is dedicated to the people, all the people, not just those who can pay $35,000 to have dinner with the Messiah.
What America really needs today is a political leadership that truly believes in American Exceptionalism and that the power of our country has been and will only remain freedom of the individual, freedom of succeeding without the stigma progressives like to apply.

So move over Trump and Paul, Romney and Huckabee and Gingrich. Your time has come and gone. Your double faces and your "moderation" are not going to cut it any more. Your obsession with compromise is no longer enough to safeguard the financial security of the Nation, nor the physical safety of the people.

True leadership will only be found in people like John Bolton and Allen West, Paul Ryan and Michelle Backman. It is time for America to make history again by reaffirming the original intentions of the Founding Fathers and mostly of the United States Constitution.

Just my thoughts!

6 comments:

  1. Just a quick questions that I know many will fell is not worthy of thinking about, but just for a moment consider this: If you have a valid long form birth certificate, then why would you also get a Certificate of LIve Birth? I have listened to the radio all day and not one person brought up this little anomaly. It just does not make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an interesting post, actually. Many areas of agreement...and as can be expected, a few areas of (strong) disagreement.

    I agree that this whole birth certificate fiasco has been little more than a distraction - and I'm less perturbed by the birthers (though they're bad enough) than I am by the media that kept it up and ignored VERY REAL issues that affect all of us. I don't blame Obama for ignoring it as long as he did, because there never was any "real" question of his birth. While Trump is busily declaring some arbitrary "victory" for the sake of ratings, do you really think the birthers are going to be satisfied? (The answer is a resounding NO...this is not the last we've heard of this non-issue, sadly...)

    And thinking on Trump...gah, what a troll. Do I think he's really gonna run? No. I have felt from the beginning this was an astutely played game of improving ratings for his show. There is a very small part of me that wonders, though...what if he does?! Eesh.

    As for the GOP contenders...there are NONE worthy. Sorry...Paul Ryan is an idiot, and has been proven as much. Michelle Bachmann has something seriously wrong upstairs, as evidenced by her record. I am continually stunned at the idiocy of her district that continues to vote her in (which tells me there are just no decent challengers in her area - and on one side are people who agree with her archaic views that would blast us back to the Dark Ages, on the other people who would rather deal with an evil they know over an evil they don't -- such is politics, come to it). Do I want to see either of those clowns in the White House? No way. Especially not Bachmann. And I say this from the position of a woman who truly cares about women's health and all of the concerns about the marginalized people of the U.S. (and there are millions) who would suffer worse under her than they did under Dubya.

    Sigh. This is going to be an interesting campaign, for sure. I should purchase stock in popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prosey, I agree that it is amazing how some constituencies continue to keep some of these morons in office. Here in California, we have a slur of examples (Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Waxman etc.) and nationwide the ailment has netted people like Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Ted Kennedy. And that's what has gotten us to the awful place we are in today: career politicians.
    I agree that these elections will be interesting. Personally I'd vote for Humpty Dumpty to get rid of Obama...but that's just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for long form certificate and live birth certificate, I don't know. To tell you the truth, I am fed up with the whole thing.
    As it was pointed out, I find amusing that the President was so eloquent about the silliness of the whole thing, how the country was in need of more important attention right before he went to tape Oprah and spent the rest of the day fund raising. Guess that shows where his priorities are...

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Anonymous: Would you like me to post a copy of MY and all of my kids' birth certificates? They ALL state "Certificate of Live Birth" on them. That is their formal title. It is the LEGAL title of a birth certificate. So no, it is NOT a question worthy of consideration. It is a PURE waste of everyone's time. This birth cert nonsense needs to be shelved so we can move on to address the REAL issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back to SP: *nod* I agree that setting fire to the Hill is a nice idea. :)

    I am not *endorsing* Obama at this point. My current position is that *presently*, he has my vote because I don't see anyone better. I won't vote for just anyone. I never vote based on party line (there are some very decent Rs out there...they're just not insane enough to run for President LOL). I have said that I will consider EVERYONE who throws their name into this circus event fairly - review their platforms and their records...and vote for the person I feel is the best for the job. *nod* Like, dislike...has nothing to do with politics, but somehow it's become a game of popularity pageantry, and I have little patience for that. I left high school more than 20 years ago, and have no wish to keep watching high school games played at the Congressional and Presidential levels. The stakes are just WAY too high for that nonsense. You & I may (and do) disagree politically...but you know what is most important (in my opinion) is that we are able to discuss the matters like adults and treat the issues with the necessary seriousness they deserve. :)

    ReplyDelete